Virtual Wine Tasting
Join us for an evening of Wine Tasting with Prof Robert Taylor, SCR Wine Steward, and Mr Robert Saberton-Haynes, SCR Butler, exclusively for Old Members:
- Take a virtual, guided tour of the Queen’s Wine Cellar.
- Order selected Old and New World wines in advance, to taste on the night.
- Learn some of the differences between Old and New World wines in the pre-selected range and what to expect when tasting wines from these regions, as well as some top tips on smart buying around quality and price.
This Wine Tasting event has been created especially for Old Members and is free of charge to attend (wines extra!) and will run from 7.00pm GMT until 8.15pm GMT, with optional opportunity to join the virtual SCR afterwards. You can reserve your place on the booking form below. Please note that purchasing the wines is not necessary to participate in the event and that unfortunately wine delivery is only available in the UK.
RSVP Tuesday 1 December
We’ll be using the Hopin platform to host the event. Hopin is an easy-to-use and engaging platform which is simple to access. To give you the best experience, an attendee profile will be created for you. You’ll be able to explore the platform in advance of the event starting and read the platform's terms and conditions. If you would prefer for us not to create a specific profile for you, please let us know so we can share the recorded portion of the event with you afterwards.
How to order your wines
The wines below have been selected by the Wine Steward and SCR Butler for this event and can be purchased online from Majestic Wine Warehouse (details below). Please order your wines early to avoid disappointment.
- Visit the Majestic website.
- Click on the links below to add some, or all, of the 4 wines you would like to sample with us on the night to your trolley:
- France: Montagny 'Vieilles Vignes' 2018 Caves des Vignerons de Buxy, Burgundy (£12.99/bottle or £9.99 with the Mix Six Offer)
- New Zealand: The Ned Waihopai River Sauvignon Blanc 2019 Marlborough (£10.99/bottle or £7.99 with the Mix Six Offer)
- Chile: VIK A Cabernet Sauvignon 2018, Cachapoal Valley (£19.99/bottle or £14.99/bottle with Mix Six offer)
- France: Bourgogne Pinot Noir 'Les Pierres Rouges' 2017 Louis Jadot (£16.99/bottle or £13.99 with the Mix Six Offer)
N.B. If you order 6 or more bottles you will qualify for the ‘Mix Six’ discount (saving up to £5 a bottle on some of the wines selected above) and qualify for free standard delivery. Prof Taylor suggests that you might consider two from the following:
- France: Drappier Premier Cru Champagne (£29.99/bottle or £24.99 with the Mix Six Offer)
- France: Saint Véran 'Haute Cuvée' 2018 Rijckaert, F. Rouve, (white Burgundy) (£16.99/bottle or £14.99 with the Mix Six Offer)
- France: Château Bertrand-Braneyre 2009, Haut-Médoc, (Claret) (£18.99/bottle or £15.99 with the Mix Six Offer)
- Sign up and select delivery option (UK only delivery - sorry!)
- Free standard UK delivery (for bottles of 6 or more) – can take 7 days
- Nominated day delivery (chargeable)
- Pay for wine and wait for delivery.