- Queen's COVID-19 rules
- Frequently asked questions - students with symptoms of COVID-19
- COVID-secure self-isolation in Queen’s residences: key points and self-isolation support for students
- Self-isolation support - provisions
If you need financial assistance, please take a look at our guidance and application forms for loans and grants.
With applications for financial assistance, we are mindful that we have finite finances and we wish to target help to the most in need. As a result, annual income, savings, overdraft limits, and expected annual expenditure are assessed and grants are made to those students who do not have sufficient funds to cover their expected annual expenditure. Additionally, loans can be made to students whose annual funds are sufficient to cover expenditure but who are experiencing temporary lack of funds.
Coronavirus: Information for Students, Staff, and Fellows
Last updated 13 October 2020
Our main site has reopened for members of College. The Lodge is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be contacted on email@example.com. Further information is available about the status of onsite operations. We have also now published a page of Frequently Asked Questions for students with symptoms of COVID-19 as well as information about self-isolation and support available for students.
Please note the process to follow if you experience symptoms of the virus:
- Students, Fellows and staff should refer to University Early Alert Service (EAS) and book a test if you are unwell and suspect you may have symptoms caused by COVID-19.
- Students in residence should immediately notify the Lodge (telephone 01865 279120 / email firstname.lastname@example.org), leaving details of your test booking date and time and symptoms, your accommodation/ room number, and your telephone number. Your information will be handled with discretion but it is important that the College knows you are unwell with a suspected case.
- Staff should inform their line managers and the Domestic Bursar.
- Academic staff should contact the Senior Tutor (email@example.com) with copy to the academic Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We encourage everyone to continue to check the University's Coronavirus webpages regularly to keep informed of the latest local advice. The webpages include detailed information for students and staff, including frequently asked questions.
You may also find the following sites useful:
- the Government's Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for the public
- Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do (on GOV.UK)
- Foreign Travel Advice
- NHS website
Any member of our community might find the Mind website helpful when coping in these difficult times.
Reopening of The Queen’s College Library
The Library has reopened to College members. We have introduced many new procedures to encourage social-distancing and to keep everyone safe – please see our Library webpage for more information. Reader spaces are available, but must be booked in advance – please do not come to the Library without booking a space first.
The library and the archives will remain closed to external researchers but enquiries can be sent to email@example.com or (for the Archive) firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will pleased to help where we can.
If you have any questions related to the Library, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com.