For the photos, we are looking for entries in two different categories:
- Queen’s From a Different Perspective – feel free to interpret the category as you wish, but the more creative the better; think close-ups, reflections, unusual angles, and quirky locations etc. to give us a new view of the College
For the videos, we are looking for entries in two different categories:
- Your favourite part of College
- A reflection on what makes Queen’s Queen’s
Prizes of £100, £50 and £25 will be awarded for the top three entries in each category, as decided by our judging panel. There will be one ‘best vintage photo’ non-cash prize to be awarded for the best photo in either the Queen’s Life or Oxford category that pre-dates 1990.
You can enter one photograph and/or one video per category, by the closing date of 31 August 2021.
You can see the 2020 winners here.
How to enter
- Send your photos and/or videos by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emailed pictures should be between 1MB and 3MB (1200x900 pixels to 2048x1536 pixels).
- Emailed videos should be no longer than 30 seconds with a maximum file size of 4GB (600 x 600 pixels to 1080 x 1080 pixels).
- Label each file with your name, category, and title + names of subjects (if applicable). If you would like to, please also include an optional description.
- Along with your submission you must provide your name, phone number, and email address (if you are leaving this summer, please remember to give us an alternative to your Oxford email as it is likely to expire before the competition closes!). Queen’s will not publish your contact details or provide them to anyone without your permission.
- A maximum of four entries will be accepted per person (this can include up to two photos: one in each category; and/or up to two videos: one in each category).
- If your photograph or video features any recognisable person or people, written permission should be obtained for the image to be entered in the competition and to be published online and in all media as required.
- Results will be posted on the Queen’s website, and photos and videos may be shared on social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Flickr. Please include your social media handles in your entry if you wish to be tagged in the College’s posts.
- By entering your photograph(s) and/or videos(s) in the competition you agree to grant The Queen’s College, free of charge, the right to publish and the right to license others to publish the photograph(s) and/or video(s) online and in all media as required.
- By submitting your photograph and/or video to Queen’s, you agree to your name being published in relation to your photograph and/or video online and in all media.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You must supply full details as required above and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- Queen’s reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage.
- Queen’s reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules or to withhold a prize if in its opinion entries do not reach the required standard.