We are looking for entries in two different categories:
- Queen’s Life – feel free to interpret the category as you wish, but this might include photos taken in College or any Queen’s-related activities (sport, bops, music, etc.)
Prizes of £100, £50 and £25 will be awarded for the top three photos in each category, as decided by our judging panel.
You can enter up to five photographs, by the closing date of 31 August 2020.
How to enter
- Send your photos by email to email@example.com.
- Emailed pictures should be between 1MB and 3MB (1200x900 pixels to 2048x1536 pixels).
- Label each picture with photographer name, category, and title + names of subjects (if applicable). If you would like to, please also include an optional description.
- Along with your submission you must provide your name, phone number and email address (if you are leaving this summer, please remember to give us an alternative to your Oxford email as it is likely to expire before the competition closes!). Queen’s will not publish your contact details or provide them to anyone without your permission.
- A maximum of five entries will be accepted per person.
- If your photograph features any recognisable person or people, written permission should be obtained for the image to be entered in the competition and to be published online and in all media as required.
- Results will be posted on the Queen’s website, and photos may be shared on social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Flickr. (If we share your photo on Instagram and you would like us to tag you, please include your Instagram username with your entry.)
- By entering your photograph(s) in the competition you agree to grant The Queen’s College, free of charge, the right to publish and the right to license others to publish the photograph online and in all media as required.
- By submitting your photograph(s) to Queen’s, you agree to your name being published in relation to your photograph(s) online and in all media.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- Queen’s reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage.
- Queen’s reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules or to withhold a prize if in its opinion entries do not reach the required standard.