Old Member Events
The events programme for Old Members at Queen's includes a number of reunion dinners, such as the Old Members’ Dinner as well as year group reunions for the Boar’s Head and Needle and Thread Gaudies. There are events further afield in London, dinners in North America and other regional UK and European cities.
The Old Members’ Office is looking forward to continue running our events programme into 2022. We have a number of in-person events planned as well offering ways to connect virtually or to re-watch content online, so as to include more of the Old Member community in our activities than ever before. We also hope to arrange regional events in the UK this academic year, and will keep you updated on these plans as they become available. We will of course keep an eye on any guidance from the Government, so if we need to make changes we will also let you know.
For now, please see the upcoming events below and enjoy replays of our virtual and hybrid events on a variety of academic and interesting topics, including The Provost's Lecture Series, conversations, and behind-the-scenes access to College experts. Some of the content from these events is available on our YouTube Channel. A selection of links is included below:
- The Provost's Lecture 2021 with Queen's Honorary Fellow, Venki Ramakrishnan, November 2021
- Accomplishment: Prof Jane Mellor in conversation with Sir Michael Barber - A talk at the Old Members' Dinner, Sept 2021
- Queen's Day - A celebration of the College's 680th Anniversary, including Queen's and the North exhibition, April 2021
- The Potting Shed, with Fellow in Plant Sciences, Dr Lindsay Turnbull, and Head Gardener, Alastair Mallick, March 2021
- The Inaugual Provost's Lecture with Mayor Eric Garcetti (International Relations, 1993), November 2020
- The Old Members' College Conversation, October 2020