Book an Event
If you are organising an event which uses the College name, you will need to fill in the below Event Request Form.
The event could be an in-person event on College property, an in-person event offsite or an online event (or any hybrid of the three).
To make a booking, please complete the Student Facility and Event Request Form.
Changes to facilities you can book
We are sorry that we are unable to book your usual event, dinner and room bookings this term.
What we can’t do at the moment:
- Bookings that require any form of catering
- Bookings with non-Queen’s attendees
- Bookings on the weekend (all meeting room spaces are closed for deep cleaning)
- Book to our normal seating capacities
- Have standing/circulating events
- All bookings must be seated for the duration
- Face coverings must be worn at all times in shared indoor spaces
- Food and drink cannot be booked or served
- The capacities of rooms may be reduced further depending on what you are wanting to do (these are currently set for the purpose of teaching safely).
- The activity needs to be regulated and risk assessed by you and checked by us.
- The rule of 6: multiple groups of 6 may use a space provided the risk assessment for that space’s capacity demonstrates this is safe. Distancing measures will still apply for members of the group of 6 and between the groups of 6 unless your group of 6 contains all household members.
If you would like to see if you can run your event in a new format you will need to:
- Contact the Decanal Office as usual (at the beginning of each year) with your club or society’s constitution (necessary for Queen’s societies).
- Complete the room booking form as usual.
- Complete a risk assessment demonstrating how you will manage the risk of transmission of COVID-19. This is where you need to demonstrate the extra control measures you’ll put in place.
- Check the revised meeting room capacities list as a guide.
You can reach the Conference Office on email@example.com or 01865 279129. The office will be open Monday to Friday 09:00-16:00 and you are welcome to come and speak to us in person; we’ll all wear face coverings and keep 2m distance.
Use of Lecture Rooms Michaelmas 2020
The door will be locked at all times.
If you have made a booking, please collect the key from the Lodge.
The Lodge will only issue the key for pre-bookings made through the College or Conference Office.
Make a booking
Contact the College Office for a booking between 08:00 and 19:00 firstname.lastname@example.org
and the Conference Office for a booking between 19:00 until 22:00 email@example.com
The Lecture Rooms are closed at weekends for deep cleaning.
The Lecture Rooms are closed for cleaning during the following times:
7:00 until 8:00 daily
12:30 until 13:30 daily
17:00 until 18:00 daily
- Collect the key from the Lodge
- Sanitise the surfaces, handles and switches before and after use
- Lock the room and return the key to the Lodge
Wear a face covering at all times indoors
Keep the windows open for ventilation
Do not share pens or other items