We are looking for experienced Scouts (cleaners) who are enthusiastic, reliable and with a flexible approach to work to clean rooms, communal areas and passageways in Main College, Carrodus Quad or other College buildings.
Varied hours available. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To empty bins daily in rooms and offices
- To clean passageways and communal areas daily
- To clean toilets, bath and shower rooms daily
- To clean kitchen areas daily
- To clean basins and mirrors in rooms at least once per week
- To vacuum and dust rooms and offices at least once per week according to a rota
- To clean skirting boards, marks on walls and banisters at least once per week
- To spring-clean rooms at the end of each term and the end of the Long Vacation (windows, wardrobes, lampshades etc.)
- To report any faults in fittings and furnishings to the Steward/housekeeper
- To report any evidence of illegal activity in rooms to the Steward
- To enter rooms during term-time at least once every three days to check student welfare
- To make up beds with fresh linen during conference use of rooms, over weekends if required
- To comply with staff regulations and health & safety regulations as issued and to attend training as required
- To report any breach of health & safety to the Steward or Domestic Bursar
- To consult the staff noticeboard for notices regarding health & safety and general discipline
- To perform any extra tasks that will be allocated from time to time
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and this job description may be subject to change due to organisational need.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled, and interviews will be held as soon as suitable applications are received.
The appointment is subject to proof of the right to work in the UK, receipt of acceptable references and the satisfactory completion of a medical questionnaire.
The Queen’s College is an equal opportunities employer.