Treasures of the Queen's College Library
In March 2014 the final piece of the Upper Library refurbishment was put into place when our stunning new exhibition case was installed. The case was donated by the family of Old Member Jack Wooding (1984-2013) in his memory.
The first exhibition in the new case featured books and manuscripts representing some of our finest treasures.
The exhibition was in situ until the end of the long vacation 2014.
Full list of items displayed:
- The College Benefaction Book. Oxford, c. 1680
- Christine de Pisan. The book of fayt of armes and of Chyvalrye. Westminster: printed by William Caxton, 14 July 1489
- Two Henrician bindings - New Testament books with Gloss. England, second half of thirteenth century. Texts by Cassiodorus, Isidore, Hugh of St. Victor. England, mid twelfth century
- A Book of Hours. Flanders, Late Fifteenth Century
- Queen Elizabeth's royal binding - Greek New Testament. Paris, 1550
- Christopher Saxton. Atlas of the Counties of England & Wales. London, 1579?
- William Morris. The Well at the World’s End. Hammersmith: Kelmscott Press, 1896
- Thomas Hardy. Winter Words - manuscript. Ca. 1928.