New Honorary Fellows
The College is delighted to announce the election of six new Honorary Fellows in recognition of their distinctions in their respective fields:
- Sir Michael Barber (Modern History, 1974)
- Professor Elizabeth Frood (Oriental Studies – Egyptology, 1999)
- Professor Annette Gordon-Reed (Harmsworth Professor of American History, 2014-15)
- Dr Venki Ramakrishnan
- Dr Hayaatun Sillem CBE (Biochemistry, 1994)
- Claire Taylor MBE (Mathematics, 1994)
Over the course of the 2020/21 academic year the College convened a committee to consider a list of names nominated by Old Members, students, current Fellows, and staff in autumn 2020.
The aim of these open nominations was to introduce fresh perspectives to the College and to widen the College’s collective engagement with issues of global importance. Alongside this, the College was committed to ensuring that groups currently under-represented were considered for election.
You can read more about our newly elected Honorary Fellows here. We look forward to involving our new Fellows in the life of the College and warmly welcome them into the community in their new roles.